Key Technical Reports:
- Evaluation of Future Energy Technology Deployment Scenarios for the Big Island, August 2009
- Development and Testing of Hydrogen Storage Systems for Capturing Intermittent Renewable Energy Sources for Peak Demand Utilization on the Grid, May 2008
- Integrated Renewable Energy and Energy Storage Systems, September 2009
- Integrated Summary Report: Evaluation of Economic Impacts Due to Changes in Petroleum Price and Utilization, October 2007
- Obstacles in Hawaii Laws to Implementation of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Resources, Hawaii Energy Policy Forum & HNEI, January 2008
- Hawaii Solar Integration Study: Final Technical Report for Maui, GE Energy Consulting, March 2013
- Hawaii Solar Integration Study: Final Technical Report for Oahu, GE Energy Consulting, April 2012
- Oahu Grid Study: Validation of Grid Models, GE Global Research & HNEI, September 2009
- Technologies for Energy Efficient Buildings, GE Global Research & HNEI, December 2009
- Hawaii Bioenergy Master Plan, December 2009
- Statewide and Electricity-Sector Models for Economic Assessments of Hawaii Clean Energy Policies, HNEI & UH Economic Research Organization, August 2012
- Analysis of Integrated Tropical Biorefineries, December 2012
- Oahu Wind Integration Study, General Electric Company, December 2010
- Numerically Efficient Parallel Algorithms, New Mexico Tech, October 2012
- Model Abstraction Techniques for Large-Scale Power Systems, New Mexico Tech, October 2012
- Energy Consumption Data Analysis, Phase I Final Report, UH Watt Watcher Team, February 2012
- Energy Consumption Data Analysis, Phase II Final Report, UH Watt Watcher Team, June 2012
- Analysis of Land Suitable for Algae Production in Hawaii, August 2011
- Observational Field Assessment of Invasiveness for Candidate Biofuels in Hawaii, Pacific Cooperative Studies Unit & UH Maui Agricultural Research Center, September 2012
- State Agency Land Leases, UH William S. Richardson School of Law, October 2012
- 2014, M.C. Bennett, S.Q. Turn, W.Y. Chan, A methodology to assess open pond, phototrophic, algae production potential: A Hawaii case study, Biomass and Bioenergy, Vol. 66, pp. 168-175.
- 2013, H. Cui, S.Q. Turn, V. Keffer, D. Evans, T. Tran, M. Foley, Study on the fate of metal elements from biomass in a bench-scale fluidized bed gasifier, Fuel, Vol. 108, pp. 1-12.
- 2012, M. Coffman, J.P. Griffin, P. Bernstein, An assessment of greenhouse gas emissions-weighted clean energy standards, Energy Policy, Vol. 45, pp. 122-132.
Conference Proceedings & Presentations:
- 2016, S. Busquet, J. Kobayashi, P. Cross, R. Rocheleau, Preliminary results of a new PV test platform for side-by-side operation of multiple grid-connected PV systems in South Maui, Proceeding of the IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Portland, Oregon, June 5-10, INSPEC 16483786.